1. Please recall and describe the emotions you felt when you became a world SAMBO champion in 2015.
– Words can't express emotions, of course. It's incredible happiness and desolation at the same time. Desolation, because you've achieved the goal you've been pursuing your whole life, the one you woke up and fell asleep with for several months, and the one you worked your butt off training for. But of course, there are more positive emotions! Especially because I've managed to do what my family and friends expected of me!
2. How did they congratulate you? What do you remember most?
– My coaches, who were there with me, were the first to congratulate me and share my triumph. The meeting at the airport, where my family, friends and other people close to me gathered together, really stands out. It was hard to control my emotions, and at that moment I realized that everything I had done, all the trials I had been through were worth it!
3. How has your life changed in the year since the last world championships? Does the status of the world SAMBO champion help you in sports and in everyday life?
– I was awarded the title of Honored Master of Sports – one of the most important and proudest events of the past year.